Want to Learn More About a Poverty Relief Organization?
If you’re considering donating to a poverty relief organization, you’ll likely want to know a little more about the organization, its history and its track record before you do so. You likely want to make a wise investment with your charitable giving and give to an organization that is making a significant difference. Consider the following about GFA World:
- Founded by K.P. Yohannan, GFA World (previously known as Gospel for Asia) has been serving “the least of these” since 1979, first in Asia and now also in Africa.
- GFA World serves in 16 Asian nations and in Rwanda, Africa.
- A well-established international mission organization, GFA World is deeply committed to seeing lives and communities transformed through God’s Word and compassion.
- GFA World’s focus and goal as a ministry is to serve and minister to children, families and entire communities that are underserved and impoverished in places such as Asia and Africa.
- GFA World’s national missionaries serve as the hands and feet of Christ, bringing God’s love and care to those who need it most. They live among the communities they serve and seek to help in whatever ways they can.
- In 2020, 142,000 families were helped through income-generating or quality-of-life gifts. These gifts—including cows, chickens, goats, mosquito nets and sewing machines—empower individuals to earn a sustainable living and provide for their families.
- Worldwide, 1.1 billion people lack access to clean water. Through GFA World’s clean water initiatives, more than 38 million people have received safe, pure drinking water.
- In developing countries, such as those where GFA World serves, illiteracy is rampant. Approximately 773 million youth and adults cannot read or write. This lack of education hampers individuals’ everyday lives and limits job opportunities. In 2020, at least 25,000 women learned how to read and write through GFA World’s literacy program.
- More than 139,000 children have been helped through GFA World’s Child Sponsorship Program. This program helps impoverished children, their families and their communities break the cycle of poverty through community-wide solutions and gives children a solid foundation for their future.
- GFA World’s Compassion Services assist victims of natural disasters and those often rejected by society, such as widows and leprosy patients. In 2020, GFA missionaries helped approximately 2 million men, women and children through COVID-19 relief.
- Firmly committed to good stewardship of funds and honoring the Lord and the generosity of donors, GFA World invests the maximum amount of donations possible into programs that benefit people in spiritual and physical need in Christ’s name.
1 “Water Supply & Sanitation.” World Water Council. https://www.worldwatercouncil.org/en/water-supply-sanitation. Accessed August 11, 2021.
2 “Literacy.” UNESCO. https://en.unesco.org/themes/literacy. Accessed August 23, 2021.